Friday, February 5, 2010

3 year anniversary, super bowl, and valentines day!

Hello Everyone! Shane and I were married February 9th 2007, almost 3 years ago. It was the most magnificent day of our lives! He took my breathe away with how handsome he looked that day. I smiled so much that day my mouth hurt... I was SO incredibly happy. I remember walking into the celestial room and seeing my handsome groom before the sealing. he was glowing with pure love in his eyes, smile beaming from ear to ear. He held my hand as we waited for what seemed like eternity until someone came and said it was time. I walked hand in hand with my best friend ready to make the most incredible commitment there is. We stared at each other across the alter with so much hope and love. I knew at that moment it was perfect. That no matter what silly things we'd fight about or how awful I'd be when I'm pregnant, that we'll work it out because we have that kind of love that radiates in the darkness. He stared at me and his eyes filled with tears one little droplette ran down his face and mine followed. Soon almost the whole room felt what we were feeling. It was incredible! it'd been 3 years, it hasn't been easy!!! We have gone through many money issues, job losses, and ALL sorts of things we never imagined!!! But after all of it... He still stares at me in awe, after gaining almost 50 lbs and being so up and down with my emotions (no I'm still not pregnant) He still loves me, and I him! We're no where near perfect! But we are in love.

For our anniversary we plan to wake up and make breakfast together, spend the day doing whatever the day brings! Dog park, beach, movies, we don't know. We've learned nothing turns out the way you plan in so it's best not to plan too much! A nice lunch, and a nice dinner. We'll come home exchange some small gifts, and cuddle up to a nice movie!

Super-bowl we "plan" on going to his martial art teachers house and having a super-bowl party! I really want to make a cake, we'll see about that!

Valentines day we have a tradition! Making chocolate dipped strawberries together, making homemade pizza (last year we were lazy and did carry out) sparking cider, and of course a movie!

Florida is going really well! Seeing my family REALLY helped! I'm trying to be more positive and realize life moves too fast to be negative! Shane is working (YA!) he's fixing computers and he really likes it! I'm super proud of him! He finished his security classes (which I believe I mentioned in my last blog) and he's planning on pursing that as well! I am babysitting/ nannying/ special needs care at the moment plus photography and planning to soon add cake decorating to the mix! I'll let you know how that goes! Well I love you all, we both miss all our Utah and Texas friends and family and we can't wait to see everyone again! Take care, and happy super-bowl weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well! We too have had our ups and downs in marriage (definitely not easy), but it seriously gets better as time goes by and it's totally worth it. I also understand the not pregnant thing as well, so I know the tears that come with it. Appointments, treatments, hormones, and of course $$ all to find solutions. Hang in there, though. Heavenly Father knows what He's doing so we're just going to have to trust him.

    I hope you guys have a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sounds like things are going well! Yes marriage really has up's and down's. But it is very worth it. One thing I hate is when people say their marriage is very easy that they are such good friends and what not I have to think to my self who are you trying to fool here? I love that you after 3 years know that its not a game and that its always roses. Its hard work but very rewarding. Congrats to the 3 years of marriage! That is awesome!!

    1. I have something for you!! The Ten Commandments of Marriage. I love this.

    Thou shalt always remember that thy marriage is a partnership between thee and thy spouse and the Lord. For in knowing this, thou wilt have the strength, courage, and determination to conquer all challenges that may come into thy marriage.

    2. Thou shalt cleave unto thy spouse and let not thine eyes wander, nor do anything like unto it. For it is through fidelity and commitment that thou shalt find confidence and trust.

    3. Thou shalt not be selfish with thy time, nor with thy money, nor with anything else that is thine. For in doing this thou shalt avoid resentment and find harmony.

    4. Thou shalt remember that thy parents are good, but need to give thee space in thy marriage. For it is through relying upon each other that communication and unity is formed.

    5. Thou shalt always remember to call thy spouse sweetheart, honey, or whatever else that makes them happy and to remember the little things. For it is through little acts of kindness that thou shalt find love and tenderness.

    6. Thou shalt remember to always use kind words and cease to find fault with thy spouse. For in doing this thou shalt find peace.

    7. Thou shalt enjoy each others company and remember to date often. For it is in spending time together that one truly gets to know their spouse and find intimacy.

    8. Thou shalt add the words "I'm sorry" to thy vocabulary and use them often. For in doing this thou shalt melt down the barriers of anger and resentment and find mutual forgiveness.

    9. Thou shalt recognize and acknowledge the desires, efforts and accomplishments of thy spouse. For in this thou shalt find appreciation and gratitude for one another.

    10. Thou shalt live within thy means and learn the difference between wants and needs. For in doing this thou shalt avoid needless stress and find contentment.

    -Author Unknown

    Sorry about the novel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Its supposed to say NOT always Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you write. Isn't the temple so amazing. I can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years for me and Devin! I love Valentine's when I have a legitamate excuse to have a "lovey day" :) I miss you and hope all keeps going well!

    ReplyDelete